The library hosts weekly programs for adults, teens, and children! Visit our calendar to register.
The MakerSpace is a room designed to offer patrons free access to a variety of tech and craft equipment. This space serves all ages as it includes a Cricut Crafting Machine, Adobe Creative Suite, Jewelry Making Tool Kit, Button Makers, Ellison Die Cutter, Green Screen, VHS to DVD convertor and more! Learn more.
Computers & Tech
Seed Sharing Library
The Seed Sharing Library provides free seeds and resources to the community to support gardening and sustainability for all ages and abilities. This collection is a part of the Cuyahoga Falls Growth Initiative, a partnership between the City of Cuyahoga Falls and the Cuyahoga Falls Library. Learn More
The drive-thru window allows you to pick-up holds, program kits, and more without leaving your car. Available during all open hours.
Delivery is temporarily suspended due to COVID-19 safety precautions. However, we are happy to gather materials for a designated friend or family member to pick-up on behalf of homebound residents of Cuyahoga Falls and Silver Lake. To designate others to pick up your materials, fill out the Permission to Pick Up Reserved Materials form, and they must bring it to the library when they come to get your items. Contact the library at 330-928-2117 for more information.
Ohio did not provide free tax forms to libraries this year.
- Click here to download paper forms
- Call 1-800-282-1782 to request Ohio tax forms or instructions.
The Cuyahoga Falls Library does not offer tax preparation assistance.
AARP Foundation Tax-Aide offers free, individualized federal and state tax preparation and e-filing for all residents, without discrimination for age or income, at more than 5,000 locations nationwide. All tax counselors are certified yearly by the IRS.
In Cuyahoga Falls, AARP assists taxpayers at the Quirk Cultural Center on Grant Avenue on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays by appointment. Tax-Aide Service runs February 1 - April 13, 2024. Participants must bring their income, expenses, medical and self-employment documents, including ID, social security card, previous year's tax return and items related to the Affordable Care Act to their appointment. A list of documents and the types of taxes AARP can assist with is provided here. For appointments, call 330-971-8224 and leave a message with your name, phone number and several preferred appointment date choices. Calls will be returned within 48 hours. Services provided:
- In-Person Service: Tax preparation is completed by a Tax-Aide volunteer on-site in one visit. Taxpayer will be expected to wait at the site; the wait may be several hours.
- Drop Off Service: You visit a Tax-Aide site and leave your tax documents with an IRS-certified volunteer. Your return is prepared by Tax-Aide volunteers working at the site or remotely. During a second visit, a volunteer reviews your return with you and finalizes it. You leave with a printed copy of the return and your original documents. Your federal and state returns are e-filed within 24 hours of you signing off on the return.
- Online Coaching: This is our Alternative Tax Preparation model where the taxpayer prepares their own return and can leverage support from an IRS-certified volunteer to help them along the way no matter where they are in the process. The certified volunteer may live anywhere in Ohio and assists the taxpayer remotely. Requests for assistance are made by completing a webform on the AARP.org.
AARP cannot assist with preparing Municipal income tax returns. For assistance with Municipal returns, please contact the Regional Income Tax Agency at 1-800-860-7482, or www.ritaohio.com
Please visit the site to determine if you meet tax credit eligibility guidelines for free 2023 tax preparation. https://www.ca-akron.org/earned-income-tax-credit/about
The Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) is a federal income tax credit for low to moderate income working individuals and families. The Akron Summit Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) Program is administered by Community Action Akron Summit. Appointments can be made by calling 234-206-3170 or by visiting https://app.capappointments.com/eitc
Tax prep options include in-person, drive-in, drop off and free self-file. Head to their website to schedule. This site is for households making $60,000 or less. Make an appointment online at uwsummit.org/vita
Additionally, if you have questions as you are completing your tax return, you can email email@example.com or call 2-1-1 to Schedule an “Ask a Tax Question” call with one of our experts.
Quick Tax Links
Tax Preparation Assistance
Internal Revenue Service
Ohio Department of Taxation
City of Cuyahoga Falls The City of Cuyahoga Falls has partnered with the Regional Income Tax Agency (RITA) for processing all tax filings.
Other Local Tax Information