Seed Sharing Library
What is it?
The Seed Sharing Library is a part of the Cuyahoga Falls Growth Initiative, a partnership between the City of Cuyahoga Falls and the Cuyahoga Falls Library. The mission of the Seed Sharing Library is to provide free seeds and resources to the community to support gardening and sustainability for all ages and abilities.
Seeds in the wooden card catalog have been purchased by the library or harvested and donated by our community partners. They feature labels with the Cuyahoga Falls Growth Initiative logo. Unverified seeds donated to the Seed Sharing Library will be stored in a separate container marked “Seed Donations.”
Begin your gardening journey:
- Visit our Seed Catalog, located on the library's Upper Level, and select a seed envelope from the alphabetical seed catalog drawer or the seed donation basket.
- Write your first name, the seed names taken, and the number of packets taken (limit 6, please) on the clipboard.
- Check out library books on gardening and seed saving.
- If you decide to save and donate your seeds to the Seed Sharing Library, please label completely dry seeds in a package (ex. Zip-Lock bag), including the variety and the year harvested. Place your seeds in the “Seed Donation” basket.
Have questions? Or want to become a Seed Sharing Library community partner?
Contact Us! firstname.lastname@example.org
We’d love to hear from you and see how your garden grows. Tag us on social media with #CFseedlibrary or email us at email@example.com.
The library has plenty of books and resources to help you start your garden! Here are a few recommendations to get you started:
- The Flower Gardener's Bible: A Complete Guide To Colorful Blooms All Season Long / Lewis and Nancy Hill (Also available on Libby app.)
- The Vegetable Gardener's Bible: Discover Ed's High-Yield W-O-R-D System For All North American Gardening Regions / Edward C. Smith (Also available on Libby app.)
- Rodale's Basic Organic Gardening : A Beginner's Guide To Starting A Healthy Garden / Deborah L. Martin (Also available on Libby app.)
- The Complete Houseplant Survival Manual / by Barbara Pleasant
- Adult AV - Nonfiction DVD The Science Of Gardening / Professor Linda Chalker-Scott, Washington State University
cHILDREN'S PICTURE BOOKS
- How To Say Hello To A Worm: A First Guide To Outside / Kari Percival (Also available on Libby app.)
- Miguel's Community Garden / written by JaNay Brown-Wood
- A Seed Grows / Antoinette Portis
LIBRARY OF THINGS
- Coming Soon! Fiskars hand rake, spade, shovel, pruning shears, and garden weeder
Want more options? Search the catalog!
Find DIY and How-To Resources on the library's Research page:
- Hobbies and Crafts Reference Center > Home & Garden > Gardening
- Home Improvement Reference Center > Outdoor > Select a Gardening or Landscaping Project