Meeting Space Policy & Booking
The Cuyahoga Falls Library has meeting rooms that are used primarily for library-related programming. When available, meeting rooms can be reserved for use by others. Library meeting rooms are available to local educational, cultural, civic, social, political, religious, professional and other non-profit organizations at no charge. Units of government and appointed or elected officials may also use library meeting rooms.
- The right of a group to meet in the Library does not constitute an endorsement of the group’s policies or beliefs by Cuyahoga Falls Library.
- The needs of the Library and its affiliates take precedence over those of other organizations.
- The Library will notify a group as soon as possible if its meeting room reservation must be canceled.
RULES FOR USE
- All use of Library meeting rooms must be approved by designated Library staff. The Library reserves the right to determine which room will best accommodate each group’s needs and assign rooms accordingly.
- Room set-up is each group’s responsibility. The room must be left in the condition in which it was found unless other instructions are given.
- Patrons must provide their own audio/visual equipment. Availability of other equipment, such as white boards, should be confirmed in advance.
- Groups reserving a meeting room in advance must consist of at least five (5) individuals. Maximum attendance is determined by the local fire code as well as space and parking limitations.
- Meeting rooms are available for public use only when the library is open. Rooms must be vacated 15 minutes prior to the scheduled time of closing. (Monday-Thursday at 8:45 PM; Friday - Saturday at 4:45 PM). Groups that do not vacate a meeting room in a timely fashion may have their meeting room privileges suspended. The Director or designee may terminate a meeting in progress for exceeding time limits, for violating library policy, or in the case of an emergency.
- Meeting rooms may be reserved a maximum of three (3) months in advance. To be fair to all, we reserve the right to limit groups to one (1) meeting per month.
- All groups utilizing a meeting room will be required to complete and sign an online agreement. The individual signing the agreement must be an adult and is responsible for the orderly conduct of the group. In the event of any damage to Library property and/or equipment, that individual will be liable.
- Meeting Room attendees must follow the Library’s Code of Conduct. Meetings must be conducted so as not to disturb library activities or other library users.
- Young children accompanying adult users of the meeting room shall not be left unattended in the library. Minors are not permitted to use meeting rooms without adult supervision.
- Advertising or selling products or services is strictly prohibited in library meeting rooms.
- Social gatherings such as showers, birthday parties, family reunions, etc. are not permitted.
- Non-library groups may not require donations or charge fees or admission to programs held on Library premises.
- All meeting room activities must be free and open to the public, except meetings of library staff. The Library reserves the right to have staff attend meetings and other events in meeting room facilities.
- Groups may serve refreshments. Each group is responsible for their own clean up. Alcoholic beverages are not permitted on Library premises. Any type of open flame in any area is prohibited.
- Cancellation notice must be given at least 48 hours in advance. Failure to give notice may jeopardize future bookings.
- Storage of equipment and/or supplies is not permitted.
- The name, address, or telephone number of the library may not be used as the official address or headquarters of an organization. The use of the meeting room shall not be publicized in such a way as to imply sponsorship of the group’s activities by Cuyahoga Falls Library.
- Violations of this policy may result in meeting room privileges being suspended or revoked.
RESERVE A ROOM
By submitting your request, you agree to the above Meeting Room Policy and Rules of Use.